The spot in the photograph below seems perfect, it is at the western boundary of the site high above the bunkhouse. I have chosen this spot for a number of reasons:
1. Its got a great view up the valley for deer spotting and is also close to the route the deer use when passing through the site.
2. Its at tree top height of the riverside trees meaning it has a clear view of birds perched in the higher branches.
3. It has an identifiable sheep track leading to it that can be easily improved for visitors to use to scale the steep hillside to access it.
4. It has a good view of the sky for spotting birds of prey, we have lots of Buzzard, Sparrowhawk and Kestrel about with the occasional rarer birds such as Harriers.
5. It will have a clear view of the flight path to where we are hoping to put an Owl box soon.
6. It gets lots of late morning and is an ideal spot for morning coffee drinking.
The plan for the hide is to be built largely with materials we can find around the site. I am starting to stockpile these ready for the next time I can get a group of
|The perfect spot to build our hide.|